Silent No More

Monday, April 6, 2009

I have been very quiet of late. My insides are jumbled and twisty, my thoughts unclear. I have been in the garden many a day. Planting, weeding, watering, whispering, "Now grow! Grow!" I think it is working. The hardest part is waiting for the seedlings to emerge, to be ready to be planted. I want to rush them, but I know it is best for us all if I just wait, let them grow stronger, so they can make the transition into the ground. 


There is a perfect play of sunshine, wind, rain and attention, the yard is beginning to bloom. I want to spend every moment out there, watching the bees and the wee praying mantis that now resides with the eggplant and peppers. He only appears to me. I tell people about him, but he only shows himself to me. The neighbor is cleaning out her yard. She keeps poking her head over the fence, handing me chipped pots, she no longer wants in her picture perfect garden. I take them all. As we dug up the earth behind the garage, we found my son's old tire swing. "I guess we should throw this out..." says my love. Or we can make it a planter! Duh. It is now the home to three cantaloupe seedlings. Maybe it isn't picture perfect for others, but I believe in using what one has. I promise pictures later!

Winner of the 100th post giveaway!

Kathy, please send me your mailing address and I will ship the hankie off to you straightaway!

0 comments: