I Choose

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Oh, what a bit of sun does for the soul.

There have been lots of things happening this winter. CT Scans, MRIs and weird blood. Waiting. So much waiting. And Googling. Very bad, the Googling. There has been a lot of reflection, and even some regret. There has been reading of Caroline Myss, Louise Hay, Marianne Williamson. In the reading of these books there has been pain, unwillingness to let go, sadness and guilt. Then, there was release. There was the willingness to let go, ability to forgive and to forget, remembering and then releasing. Not tons and I know there is more and that this, my friends, is a daily practice. But for now, I choose to be happier. 

Oh, and I get to do this with wee ones. I am so lucky.

2 comments:

Run Lori Run said...

Sending good vibes your way. Hoping your health takes a turn for the better. :)

Christopher Guilfoil said...

Here is a gift I found down in the bright light of Marin last week, just in time for V.Day. Today it's for you:

How shall I hold my soul, that it does not touch on yours? How shall I lift it beyond you to other things? Ah, gladly would I shelter it with something lost in the dark at a strange quiet place which does not resonate when you depths sound. Yet every thing that touches us, you and me, takes us together as a bow's stroke drawing one single voice out of two strings. Across which instrument are we stretched? And what player has us in his hand? O sweet song!

~Rainer Maria Rilke