Going And Staying Green

Monday, February 11, 2013


What I do know is that depression is real. In my case, it went so deep, somedays it paralyzed me completely. Really. I am not exaggerating for dramatic effect. This dark time can now be counted in years. 

Yes, traumatic events happen. Traumatic events happen to everyone. Why it did this to me is a part of the problem. I let it. I believed it with all of my heart and soul. I believed I was overrated and deserved to be brought down. I believed I was unnecessary, replaceable. As a result, I retreated until I did not even recognize me anymore. 

I am done with it. I know what is good for me but I walked away from my responsibility to care for myself. I have to take this back into my own hands and heart. 

You see? I have a tremendous amount of talent in many areas. I do. It is true. I can sew without a pattern. I can throw ceramic pots. I can bake really good things to eat. I can decorate wedding cakes. Or any kind of cakes. I can cook a six course Indian feast in three hours. I can paint. I can make things grow. I can teach. I can be a generous friend. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

So, I am taking on all of this awesomeness I possess and I am turning it back on myself. I am going to drink a green drink every day because I feel good when I do it. I am going to do a little yoga everyday, because I can. I am lucky to have a body that moves. I am going to use it. I am going to walk every day. Even. When. It. Rains. In Portland that is a lot, but I am not going to melt. I am going to make, make, make all of the great things I can make with my hands. 

This is my time. And I am going to share it with you.


Denise Emanuel Clemen said...

Hooray! Taking care of one's self leads to so many good things.

ladyhawthorne said...

You go girl!

Run Lori Run said...

Right here with ya!