Hand Made Birthday

Monday, August 9, 2010




This is just part of the Girl Child's 20th birthday gift. Kind of stuck on the next thing. Bag? Slip? Petticoat?


ALL the elements, save for the thread, was thrifted. I love finding new uses for fabric that was just sitting in a dusty thrift store. The fabric is really funny, with a group of people ready to take a horseless carriage ride around Central Park! I mixed it up a little by adding the orange gingham waist band, I used a chocolate brown binding for the hem. I despise hemming and find every alternative possible...

I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

Kristin Lea said...

its awesome--i love it! I am a little behind on everything with you. last I read you were packing to move, I hope the move went well and you are settled in your new home!

Alberta Art Classes said...

Shucks, thanks. We LOVE our new home!