This Room

Wednesday, July 28, 2010



This room is very important to me. As a single mother of a boy AND a girl, I often went without a room, giving the rooms to my children. While raising them, I was in school and then a teacher so funds have always been tight. A three bedroom house is much more expensive than a two bedroom house, so we often lived in tight quarters. I guess this is why I love my room so much. And my bed. And the door. Oh, how I love the door. Our last home had no doors. The children were wee most of the time, so it wasn't an issue, but as they grew, the boy child would often ask for his own door for Christmas. He now has his own room way on the other side of the house...And this? This is my sanctuary. New curtains were just made, will post photos when they are hung! Xo.

5 comments:

The Yard Sale Girl said...

Looks Heavenly! :-) Glad that you have it!

Cassie said...

It looks very peaceful. I can't imagine having a bad dream in that room...

Alberta Art Classes said...

Thank you. I just hung the Swiss Dot curtains...Sigh. Photos soon.

jules said...

Your room looks totally inviting and relaxing. Perfect for a busy momma.

Unknown said...

I love it, Puanani! I'm happy for you.