Things I am Enjoying In The Sunlight

Saturday, June 25, 2011



There is this recipe I just stumbled upon. Homemade Nutter Butters. These happen to be my sweethearts favorite cookie, so I dove right in! This recipe is written in a smooth and easy fashion, making these many step cookies a breeze to make. While you are working on one section, the other is cooling, baking, etc. The only hitch I am having is with the dough. One should be able to roll it out, but I find it difficult, so I am going to have make a few more batches...Just to perfect it.

You can have Homemade Nutter Butters in about two hours. Danger, Will Robinson.




Then there is this sweet China Girl sucking her thumb. I simply could not leave her at the vintage store. She has been in the house for about four months now. The other day, the 18 year old man-boy was lounging on the couch-gangly legs and arms and elbows everywhere. He looks over at me and says, "Is that angel picking her nose??" Yes, sweetheart, that angel is picking her nose. Do angels pick their noses? Do angels even have noses? Questions for another day.



Our new favorite gin. Made right here in Oregon. It is pink, which I like. It is tasty, which we both like. This tonic water is mostly cute, and in glass, not plastic. I firmly believe that a good Gin and Tonic is the perfect summer cocktail. It is the alchemy of the gin that makes me giddy.




I had a little leftover paint from another painting project. Oh, and it was raining. Again. In summer. So I was inside painting. Instead of washing the paint down the drain, I livened up my very cheap hanging lamp...

Lots of time spent on the deck, soaking in the awaited sun...Have lovely summer day.


3 comments:

Wolf L said...

Oh, those cookies were wonderful...and the gin is all gone, too.

Run Lori Run said...

Homemade nutter butters are a recipe for disaster over here...I'd eat the whole batch!

Mel said...

(you don't need to post this unless you want to!)

Thank you for your sweet words on my blog... it's been harder this week. We leave for the funeral tomorrow.

If I'd had ANY time or presence of (sound) mind, I would have contacted you to ask advice on Portland! After the funeral we are going to fly up and do a triangle of sorts: Mt. Hood, Astoria, and then near Tillamook and back, but my mind is so scrambled, I haven't booked our rooms yet nor completely determined our route/timing...! (it's Portland where you've landed now, I believe you mentioned? But if I'm completely off, we shall chock it up to, well, ME!)

xxxooo

Looking forward to reading and experiencing the blogworld more in August-- I've really been away in more ways than one.

m